Dear CPA Student Affiliates,
I wanted to take this opportunity to invite you or someone you know to participate in a meaningful research project being conducted out of the University of British Columbia (UBC). The study is titled, "Career Decision-Making of Indigenous and Immigrant Youth". Please see below for more detail or contact the Research Coordinator, Deepak Mathew, for more information at: (e) firstname.lastname@example.org or (t) 778-680-7499.
The purpose of this research project is to give Indigenous and immigrant youth who feel they are doing well in making career decisions an opportunity to describe their experiences. It also provides individuals with an opportunity to discuss what has helped or hindered them in doing well with making career decisions.
The Principal Investigator for this study is Dr. Bill Borgen, Professor in Counselling Psychology at the University of British Columbia. Interviews can be conducted over the telephone or in-person and are not restricted to a specific region in Canada (therefore, all of you are welcome to participate if you meet the inclusion criteria!). You will also receive a $25 gift card to thank you for your participation.
We would be interested in hearing your experience of career decision-making IF:
- You are aged 25 – 35 years; and
- You identify as Indigenous OR is an immigrant who moved to Canada when you were between 13 to 17 years of age; and
- You identify as doing well with your career decision-making; and
- You are willing to talk about your career decision-making experiences in an interview lasting between 1.5 to 2.5 hours and a follow-up interview for 30 minutes; and
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Thank you for your consideration!
Chair, CPA Section for Students
Board Member, CPA Board of Directors