As part of its objectives to promote the practice, science and education of psychology, CPA and its Directorates are involved in a number of advocacy activities on behalf of psychology as a discipline and its members. Key highlights include:
- CPA was invited to sit on the advisory committee of the IN4M Project funded by Health Canada. The Project’s goal was to provide a method of linking human resource allocation and development to need as opposed to demand. The final report provides a plan to accomplish this important task. Governments are urged to develop funding to take the project to the next step.
- Poll Results from the Survey of Canadian Attitudes Toward Psychologists and Accessing Psychological Services
- The Canadian Psychological Association has created and resourced the Canadian Elections and Advocacy page to support the participation of the psychological community in the 2011 Provincial/Territorial elections.
- CPA, as a member of the Canadian Consortium of Research (CCR), encourages you to contact your MP to let them know about the importance of research and research funding to Canada. Click here for more information.
- In August, 2011 the Canadian Consortium for Research (CCR), of which CPA is a Steering Committee member, submitted its' "asks" to the house Of Commons Finance Committee.