CIHR Funding Opportunities
Click here for a list of ALL current funding opportunities at CIHR. Please note that some funding calls have Registration/Letter of Intent Deadlines prior to the Full Application Deadline.
Current CIHR Opportunities:
- Operating Grants
- 2012-203 (LOI Deadline: February 1, 2013)
- Population Health Intervention Research (Deadline: December 14, 2012)
- Programmatic Grants in Food and Health (Deadline: January 1, 2013)
- Rapid Funding for DSEN Targeted Research – Prospective Studies
- Best Brains Exchange Travel Awards (Deadline: various)
- CH.I.L.D. - CIHR Inflammatory Bowel Disease Network (Deadline: December 3, 2012)
- Health Professional Student (Deadline: February 15, 2013)
- Institute Community Support Grants and Awards (Deadline: various)
- Team Grants
- Canadian Epigenetics, Environment, and Health Research Consortium (Deadline: December 3, 2012)
- Terry Fox New Frontiers Program in Cancer (Deadline: December 17, 2012)
- Masters Awards (Deadline: February 1, 2013)
To view these opportunities, please use the CIHR Funding Opportunity Database at http://trk.cp20.com/Tracking/t.c?ThAN-WYol-1E0QM31. Please direct specific inquiries on the funding opportunity to the contact person listed at the bottom of the funding opportunity.
CIHR-IHSPR Institute Community Support Program (2012-2103)
IHSPR Article of the Year Award: Recognizes published research that has significantly contributed to the advancement of the field of health services and policy research in Canada. One award is granted each year. Value: $10,000. Nomination deadline: February 1, 2013.
IHSPR Rising Star Award: Recognizes the research excellence and innovative knowledge translation (KT) initiatives of Canadian graduate students and post-doctoral fellows studying in health services and policy research in Canada and abroad as well as non-Canadians studying in Canada. Up to three awards are granted each year. Value: $1,000. Application deadline: February 1, 2013.
CAHSPR Student Poster Prize: Designed to encourage graduate students to attend the annual CAHSPR conference. Three prizes are awarded to the top-ranked posters. Value: $1,200, $800 or $600. All students who display a poster featuring their student work at the Annual CAHSPR conference are automatically entered into the competition.
To learn more, visit: www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/13733.html.
Proof of Principle Program Launch
The CIHR Proof of Principle (POP) program has been re-launched for the fall 2012 competition. The POP program is CIHR's funding tool designed to support Canadian health researchers in moving discoveries from the academic setting towards commercialization.
- Proof of Principle: Phase I (Fall 2012 Competition), http://trk.cp20.com/Tracking/t.c?T3j3-VXXV-1E0QM35
- Proof of Principle: Phase II (Fall 2012 Competition), http://trk.cp20.com/Tracking/t.c?T3j3-VXXW-1E0QM36
As you may be aware, CIHR is exploring opportunities to synergize its efforts in funding the commercialization of academic research results with those of other federal organizations. As these discussions are ongoing, CIHR will continue to launch POP until further notice to ensure support for the commercialization of health research results.
For more information on this funding opportunity, please contact Jasmine Lefebvre, Senior Knowledge Translation Specialist at 613-952-8965 or by e-mail at email@example.com.